Our products are guaranteed Ledwood
Guarantee of legal compliance
The LEDWOOD brand is owned by the society Primetime Distribution. All the brand’s products therefore benefit from a 2-year warranty, as defined in our legal compliance guarantee below :
You are reminded that the sale of products by Primetime Distribution via its partner stores gives you right to the application of the legal provisions below. The professional seller remains liable to his consumer buyer for the legal guarantee of conformity, mentioned in Articles L. 217-4 to L.217-12 of the Consumer Code, and that relating to defects in the product sold, under the conditions set out in Articles 1641 to 1648 and 2232 of the Civil Code.
You are reminded that as part of legal guarantee of conformity, the consumer :
– Has a période of two years from the delivery of the product to take actions toward the seller ;
– Is not charged with any costs for the exercice of this warranty action ;
– May choose between repairing or replacing the product, subject to the cost conditions provided for in Articles L. 217-9 and the conditions of Article L.217-10 of the Consumer Code ;
– May return the product and have the price refunded or keep the product and have part of the price refunded if the repair and replacement of the good are impossible within one month of the buyer’s complaint or if they present a major inconvenience for the seller, unless the lack of conformity is minor ;
– Is exempted from providing proof of the existence of the lack of conformity of the goods during the twenty-four months following the delivery of the product, except for the second-hand products for which this period is reduced to six months.
Article L.217-4 of the Consumer Code : “The seller delivers goods in conformity with the contract and is responsible for any lack of conformity existing at the time of delivery.
The seller is also liable for defects of conformity resulting from the packaging, assembly instructions or installation when the latter was charged to the seller by the contract or was carried out under his responsibility”.
Article L217-5 of the Consumer Code: “The goods are in conformity with the contract :
1° If it is fit for the use usually expected of a similar good and, if applicable :
– if it corresponds to the description given by the seller and has the qualities that the seller has presented to the buyer in the form of a sample or model;
– if it has the qualities that a buyer may legitimately expect in view of public statements made by the seller, the producer or his representative, particularly in advertising or labelling;
2° Or if it presents the characteristics defined by mutual agreement between the parties or is suitable for any special use sought by the buyer, brought to the knowledge of the seller and accepted by the latter”.
Article L217-12 of the French Consumer Code: “The action resulting from the lack of conformity is time-barred after two years from the delivery of the goods”.
Article L217-16 of the Consumer Code: “When the buyer asks the seller, during the course of the commercial warranty granted to him at the time of the acquisition or repair of a movable good, for a restoration covered by the warranty, any period of immobilization of at least seven days is added to the duration of the warranty that remained to run. This period starts from the date of the buyer’s request for intervention or from the date the goods in question are made available for repair, if this availability is subsequent to the request for intervention.
Article 1641 of the Civil Code: “The seller is bound by the guarantee on account of the hidden defects of the thing sold which render it unfit for the use for which it is intended, or which so diminish this use that the buyer would not have acquired it, or would have paid a lower price for it, if he had known about them”.
Article 1648 of the Civil Code, first paragraph: “The action resulting from redhibitory defects must be brought by the purchaser within two years from the discovery of the defect”.